The path to growing wealth in your personal life or through your Christian business comes from one place. Tangible spiritual authority which is much different than just ordinary influence. One of the primary reason’s well meaning Christians are attracted to new age doctrine (in my opinion) is that it offers to reveal to you how to grow mindsets that facilitate influence, wealth-building & the over all get along with everyone mantra. This is really enticing if you have grown up around poverty mentalities. Because let’s just be real about what new age doctrine is, it’s success without Lordship. Who wants the dying to self when you can just stay in the happy place 24 hours a day with everything being about you and your dreams.
But here’s the truth. I’ve read the Science of Getting Rich. Great thoughts but kind of in the same category to me of all the self-help gurus. First thing you need to know is what prevents most people from building spiritual authority that leads people into discipleship/greater Lordship. The statistics say 50% of the church come out of these kind of homes I am describing below. It’s not understanding true son-ship/ daughter-ship because most likely you grew up in a home that is performance based and filled with poverty mentalities.
I want you to read the following with an open mind without saying to yourself…Well, I never grew up in an alcoholic home, that’s not me. Just read this if you grew up feeling like if you weren’t the person your parents wanted you to become, you would disappoint them or if you grew up in a father-less, work-a-holic home, or your parents were super fearful or very poor.
13 Characteristics of people who grew up in an addiction based home of origin:
- Guess at what normal behavior is.
- Have difficulty following a project through from beginning to end.
- Lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth.
- Judge themselves without mercy.
- Have difficulty having fun.
- Take themselves very seriously.
- Have difficulty with intimate relationships.
- Overreact to changes over which they have no control.
- Constantly seek approval and affirmation.
- Usually feel that they are different from other people.
- Are super responsible or super irresponsible.
- Are extremely loyal, even in the face of evidence that the loyalty is undeserved.
- Tend to lock themselves into a course of action without giving serious consideration to alternative behaviors or possible consequences. This impulsively leads to confusion, self-loathing and loss of control over their environment. In addition, they spend an excessive amount of energy cleaning up the mess.
If you see anything you struggle with on this list, you will actually be ATTRACTED to people in business and church leadership who display the same leadership characteristics of your home of origin. Typically, a deep-seated need for affirmation and material wealth (insert now all the prosperity preachers you know) because they don’t understand their identity in Christ. Compound this by the fact most of these leaders don’t know how to say no and stay in their vision plan that God has downloaded to them. They are also magnetized to people who make them feel “needed” but then they get completely wore out and can’t sustain this. Then they are used to poor communication and usually stink at loving confrontation and calling people up to the plate with ownership. You can see how in business this will kill your profits.
The way Christ builds people & businesses is through understanding realms of spiritual authority (when to yield and when to be assertive), how to function out of a revelation of your identity and not positional titles and especially for women, how to understand your value and worth correctly.
God needs you to RELEASE clients who will burn brightly in the darkness. Manage what he has given them well and not keep looking for more before they move forward boldly. To not hold back because they are afraid shining brightly is not spiritual. BRING YOUR FAITH and your GIFTING to the marketplace! Quit putting sports car’s on your vision boards and put FEEDING THE HOMELESS and EMPOWERING women for Christ. This is how you use your business for the glory of God!
Love, love, love you! Bec:)