In today’s training, I want to help you recognize how to pick up your pace as opposed to lingering in old patterns that will delay your destiny.
You must build your leadership skills as well as discerning spiritual warfare.
This is important as you won’t know whether to pray more assertively or just take practical action. Many times people quit prematurely before they see their dreams come to pass just because survival mode is more comfortable!!! To break this pattern you must learn how to proactively learn from success and not always have to learn from pain.
- All Influential People Have A Spiritual Father, Mother Or Leadership Mentor. If you want to learn how to navigate obstacles through SUCCESS and not having to learn the hard way (through pain that comes from bad decisions), SEEK someone who will mentor you spiritually and stretch your comfort zone. If you don’t have one or two people in your life you get advice through weekly, that only leaves you one way to grow. The hard way. Leaders always have someone pouring into them and the better leader you are, the more comfortable you will be with building relationally with people who think completely opposite of you!
- Successful People Recognize Negative Patterns And Address Them Through Consistent Prayer First. If you have a situation happen to you more than once or twice and it’s creating turmoil for you, then consider it could be it spiritual warfare that you need to assertively address in prayer. Here are some examples of what you need to apply your identity in Christ to overcome. Rejection in a job, marriage or parenting. Anxiety, Panic Attacks or Depression, Intimidation and Control From Family Members, Car accidents, Migraines, Lay-Offs, Financial Turmoil, Perverted Dreams (And you’re not doing anything that would open the door for this), Addictive Tendencies, these are just a few tactics that the enemy uses to discourage and wear you down. Remember, we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but with principalities over family’s and regions.
- You Teach People How To Respect You By The Boundaries You Consistently Implement. You show people what is unacceptable and acceptable by the way you respond to inappropriate behavior. This means becoming intentional and raising the bar on what you believe you’re worth. This is not to say people can’t disagree with you. This just means you’re valuing yourself, verbalizing what you need and expecting that your voice will be heard. Successful people watch for boundary violations and resentment so they can communicate it early to stay in the place of quality service. You will have what you tolerate.
- Believe In Your Ability To Problem Solve And Execute Quickly. Leaders do not wait for others to solve their problems. They assume all challenges are “figure-out-able.” They use what is in their hands, resist needing more and set deadlines around challenges. I have one analogy that may seem unyielding but it’s effective for snapping people out of “I don’t know what to do.” Imagine this. Somebody has a gun to your head. They are going to pull the trigger by the end of the day if you don’t have the problem solved. (I told you it was extreme). If your life was on the line, do you think you could solve the problem? Yes, I think you could make some pretty bold and quick decisions not caring what anyone thought about it. In other words, most people struggle with the fear of risk, and when it’s life or death, you fish or cut bait.
- Don’t Be Defined By Other People’s Vision’s But Create Your Own. We are all born with the potential for greatness. I shared this with someone this past weekend; there are many people who can teach on leadership. There are not people who equip and RELEASE. The releasing part is where you identify whose kingdom the leader was building for. People who are truly kingdom minded will not feel threatened by individuals investing and leaving to start their own thing. A matter of fact, they see that as a compliment. There is a time to learn and serve, and there is a time to launch and lead. Great leaders do both.
Have these points resounded with you? Need prayer AND practical support? Check out my Leadership Team where I provide both.