When you go to build a brand or launch a new business, you have to be able to build credibility quickly if you want to fill your pipe line consistently. What you say about yourself is not nearly as important as what others say about your level of service. Your credibility is what will give you momentum and even word of mouth testimonials so you grow faster.
Eventually your credibility becomes your identity and whether or not your clients are going to be loyal customers and continue buying your products, teams and services. Here’s the good news. It’s not difficult to do this even if you are starting out like I did with no name recognition. Many times new coaches get really hung up on who they know and who is going to open the door for them. You don’t need this. What you need is for people to see you as a “Take care of business woman!”
Let’s talk for a minute quickly about what sabotages your credibility. It’s not complicated. One of the biggest one’s is committing your word and then not executing on what you said you were going to do. Now, with that said, I have created a couple valid excuses to give you an idea on what constitutes a genuine reason to not follow through on what you said you were going to do:
1. Your unconscious or bleeding from a major (not minor) artery.
2. Your spouse or child is experiencing the above.
3. Someone died in your direct family.
4. You have the flu and please don’t come meet us because we don’t want it.
This is my opinion is about it. And here’s the challenge in business. Credibility is such a magnetizing trait that will give you favor beyond what you ever thought possible or the opposite can happen, by exaggerating your claims, a business killer. There is nothing worse in sales (and we have all experienced it) someone over states the results you will gain and not only do you feel slimed but you totally know you are not referring them to your friends. Which means you have to go find new clients because your old clients won’t be returning.
Here’s 5 practical ways for Christian coaches to build credibility and profits quickly:
1. Get clear on your boldest identity zones and stay inside this tight bulls-eye. When you discover the zones that God has graced you in, this much easier and your marketing is authentic. We actually do this work in our Bold Messenger Team.
2. Speak and write with true compelling stories. These will include the specific pain you and your clients were in and how you solved this practically. When you learn to speak and write with emotions and transparently, your audience connects at a much deeper level with you. The truth is people most of the time do not make buying decisions logically, they make it from how they feel emotionally.
3. Create a system that you take people through that delivers the same results. This way your clients are served powerfully and in a certain time frame. There is nothing better for your credibility than the sheer volume of clients that have had success with your program.
4. Create a service offering that you do on a consistent basis. People trust those who they see out there serving consistently, without fail and who create great content. If you want to coach, you will have to be a master of content creation. If not your business will not multiply and people won’t really know how you can serve them.
5. If you say you will do something, don’t back up or quit if it’s not as successful as you would like. Then you gain a reputation that you’re a quitter. That’s a financially sabotaging identity. I can’t tell you the amount of people who just quit if they fail at something. Forgive yourself, forgive others and give yourself grace to learn what you have to learn and if you want to coach bad enough, do whatever you have to do to realize your dream. Often the person who just doesn’t quit is the one who gains credibility and success. Coaching is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done but I had to press through enormous learning curves to see it realized.
Have faith in God, in your calling and join a team that will give you momentum until you are producing consistently. Remember, there is a blessing from God for those who execute on their word and it’s your identity!